The 2011 Arizona Charter Schools Conference will celebrate 16 years of charter education and school choice on November 10-11 in Tucson at the Westin La Paloma. We are proud to say that Arizona’s 500+ charter schools now serve more than 10% of Arizona’s public school students. Join hundreds of charter educators for the Association’s most comprehensive, innovative, and community-focused conference to date: The 2011 Annual Conference: Charter Success!
Designed solely for Arizona’s charter community, this “can’t miss” two-day event features:
- Keynote session and featured presentations delivered by “Professional Learning Community” experts, Rebecca and Rick DuFour. Rebecca and Rick are widely-known in the education community, selling out such venues as the Phoenix Convention Center and Caesar’s Palace. Their interesting and dynamic presentations will amaze audiences and kindle the imagination!
- More than 60 interactive sessions built around proven practices, current challenges, and dedication to student achievement. Sessions are geared towards superintendents, principals, business managers, and charter educators. Also, for the first-time, the Conference will offer sessions and Associate memberships geared just for parents!
- Up to 20 hours of content is segmented into several diverse subject tracks, including: Leadership, Culture and Community, Academic Achievement, Legal Issues and Governance, Business and Financial Practices, and Core Teaching. All sessions are eligible for continuing education credits.
- Improve your Arizona Learns Label! Join us for several deep-dive academic achievement sessions that will further explain your rating and provide training on how to help your school improve or maintain your score.
- Participate in the exhibit floor Grand Opening Party! This great kick-off event will offer door prizes, raffles, and give you access to over 70 exhibitors who offer significant discounts to Association members and conference attendees!
- Wrap up the week and celebrate Veterans’ Day with some recreational activities! Join Association staff and your charter peers for a round of golf, a jeep tour, a relaxing horseback ride or a spa adventure. For the first time at our Annual Conference, we will be providing a chance for you to take in all that Tucson and our host resort has to offer by providing pre-arranged post-conference recreational activities.
Find Out What All the Buzz is About…
Peter Hodgson Discusses the DuFours from a Teacher’s Perspective
Kim White-Gundy Discusses the DuFours from a Teacher’s Perspective
Ildi Laczko-Kerr Discusses the DuFours from an Administrator’s Perspective